Welcome!


Welcome!
Welcome to my mind. It is a confusing place in here. You will probably find love, happiness, anger, frustration, confusion, and most assuredly, incoherent thoughts. Don't expect a new post every day. I am not a "super blogger". I have things to do, not that there is a list or a plan for those things to get done! Mainly I just "fly by the seat of my pants".


Please refrain from hateful comments. If you don't like or agree with what I say, get your own blog. I have enough negative, hateful people in my life. If you enjoy it, read it. If you don't, go away.

I have many roles in life, like everyone else. I'm a wife, mom, homeschool teacher, cook, maid, meal planner, pet owner, "taxi" driver, and etc, etc, etc.

Welcome! I hope you have a good read!

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Here Ya Go!

Ok-so it has been over a month since I have blogged. Here I am. Of course, I'm not arrogant enough to think people are actually reading these ramblings. Only one slightly smiling kitten rose up from the other side of the "blogosphere" (who comes up with these kinds of stupid words?) to bite me for not blogging and to tell me to get with it. I do notice that others "visit" (aka stalk, lurk, creep). I guess all of my silent fans skulking around in the shadows here-never saying anything are just shy. *wink*

Anyway, for the slightly smiling kitten who is pouncing out there somewhere, and all the barkless dogs as well, today I blog.

Well, if you read my last entry, you are aware that my doctor wanted me to quit smoking. He gave me a prescrip for Chantix and told me it was my best shot since previous attempts by way of "cold turkey" led me close to homicide! I took the meds for three very long weeks. Chantix blocks the part of the brain that receives the nicotine-totally killing any much needed morning high that my coffee and I have come to rely on. I'm telling yall that it really takes the joy and the point out of smoking. The drug definitely works. Was I actually ready to quit?-NO! Have I quit?-almost. I couldn't take all of the prescription due to 24 hour nausea that had gradually began to worsen. I did go five whole days without a cigarrette. I've had one a day for the past three days (none today, though). Yea for me!! I think that is pretty good.

Not much else has been happening. My washer started leaking and my dryer has taken 2 hours to dry one load forever, so we are "buying" a new set. Yea, "buying" -when will that get paid off? I did take my son to the laundrymat one day to do laundry. I thought he should have that experience. I don't know why. I guess it is humbling. It always makes me grateful that I (usually) have a washer and dryer at home. I remember a few times in my childhood having to go to the washateria with my mom. It was hot, due to all those industrial dryers running at once, but I always loved the smell-a million different kinds of soap and dryer sheets melded together. All laundromats smell the same to me-I love that smell!!

3 comments:

Smirking Cat said...

Stalkers are fun! Who else would I make fun of?

SomeOne said...

Don't forget stupid people!

Jjlrdomom said...

woohoo! good thing you're trying to quit, cuz otherwise my kids would get after you. Seriously. They do. There's a lady at church that's received the lecture numerous times from the Pink Princess. She's now praying for her. But not before she informed her that she was going to die. Because of the smokes. Yeah, I know, ya gotta die of something.

Love ya ya goof! And in the famous words of Arnold...."I'll be back!"