Welcome!


Welcome!
Welcome to my mind. It is a confusing place in here. You will probably find love, happiness, anger, frustration, confusion, and most assuredly, incoherent thoughts. Don't expect a new post every day. I am not a "super blogger". I have things to do, not that there is a list or a plan for those things to get done! Mainly I just "fly by the seat of my pants".


Please refrain from hateful comments. If you don't like or agree with what I say, get your own blog. I have enough negative, hateful people in my life. If you enjoy it, read it. If you don't, go away.

I have many roles in life, like everyone else. I'm a wife, mom, homeschool teacher, cook, maid, meal planner, pet owner, "taxi" driver, and etc, etc, etc.

Welcome! I hope you have a good read!

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

No Smoking, Please!

I am a smoker. Do I wish now that I had never given in to peer pressure and resisted that first cigarrette? Yes, but, nevertheless, I am a smoker. Just to clear up a few things, in case you ever see me smoking. I know it is bad for me, I know it will kill me, I know you hate the smell. If you should ever see me smoking, please refrain from telling me obvious truths that I am already aware of. Am I really so naive to believe that a perfect stranger cares if I die from a heart attack or lung cancer? That same person wouldn't even be bothered to hold a door open for me to follow them into a store or let me into traffic, so why would I believe they would care about my health?

Not long ago, I was in a store picking up a few things, as well as, cigarrettes. I checked out in the "tobacco lane" and proceeded to tell the cashier that I also needed two packs of cigarrettes. He told me "No, I can't sell you cigarrettes." He went on to say how unhealthy they were, how they can lead to death, blah, blah, blah, yada, yada, yada. I'm so sick of this crap! I thanked him for trying not to contribute to my delinquency, and then repeated that I needed two packs of my brand. He gave me my total without getting my cigarrettes, so, I "reminded" him again. I wanted to grab him by the throat, tell him it had been three hours since I had smoked one, and to get my cigarrettes now!!! However, I controlled my withdrawal rage and politely repeated my "order". Finally, he retrieved my smokes and rung them up. I was feeling slightly relieved, when he pointed out how much money I would have saved if I had not added the cigarrettes to my total. GGGRRRRRRR!!!!!!! Just leave me alone!!!!!

I was on my own front porch one day having a phone conversation with a friend and smoking a cigarrette, when a young, elementary aged girl passed by on her way home from her bus stop. There I was, an adult, minding my own business, when the girl saw me and commented,"Those will make you die." I smiled, said "Thank you" and continued with what I was doing. What nerve!!!

I am a smoker. This is my rant. I know about the warning on the package, I know how unhealthy it is. I know about the ridiculous law suit. I am informed. Now leave me alone! Geez! I think I need a cigarrette!

2 comments:

Smirking Cat said...

"Those will make you die": I don't know why I found that funny. I'd have told her "So will the air you're breathing, sweetie."

SomeOne said...

It was funny, but irritating at the same time, and she said it in the sweetest little meek voice!